Saturday, April 9, 2011

Introduction (part 2)

Yes, I know after a long time...when I wrote the previous post, It was just around 1.5 months in my new job and now its just 1 week left in my 6.5 months stint there...thats a different portion of my acquaintance with Singapore...the great news (well at least for me) is that I am leaving Singapore in 1 weeks time...leaving for good...I stayed here for exactly 9 months and 2 days :)
I will come to this whole turmoil afterwards, first let me finish my last post. So, yes I was talking about my bus trips to my work. Well, lot of people helped me a lot for those trips unknowingly and the most strange thing is that they have given me support through there presence (and this is where I think I am little weird).
As told in my previous post, I have started working. Well my workplace is not that near to my place so I take a bus no 197 daily from the bus stop just next to my building. Ok so here goes my weird theory of 'coincidence and confirmation'. When I first started going on that route, everything was new to me; be it the roads or the turns or the daily travelling faces. So I tried getting used to all these in the first week. I wasn’t aware of the timings and the time gap between two buses (for those who are not aware of Singapore bus service, buses generally travel wih the time gap of 15 min max.). So in order to reach office at/before 9 am I had three options: 7:30 am or 7:45 or 7:56 am bus. Oh forgot to tell you people, it takes me around an hour to reach office in the bus and then I have two ways to go to office. One way is 10 mins walk (which I opt when I take 7:30 bus so that I can just pass some more time), another is 3 mins walk (which is a shortcut  ). Yeah so coming back to the main point, so I was new to everything ( and now I think I am the boss…lol!) So in the starting I was a good girl and used to take 7:30 am or 7:45 am bus and reach office well ahead in time :P and my idea of being in the right bus was having at least one familiar face,so that I am sure that I am going to my office. So in my bus route there are few characters, this cute lady (who used to get down at Parkway view). But ofcourse I don't know her name, lets call her Miss Cutie. So this Miss cutie she used to be already there in bus. She had such a innocent face and geeky specs and always a book in her hand. :) I like geeks :P

Then there was this Mr. Short ( a short and a healthy guy), who used to get on bus after two stops. But once I saw him not taking bus 197, that day onwards, he was never my 'Confirmation' target :P lol there are chances I am in the wrong bus and he also gets in...I can't be sure ...right! logically
( to be continued.....)

No comments: